Thank you for looking through my blog again. All my improved work has been put under the label 'improved' which is easily accessible to the right of the blog. I hope you enjoy watching the new and improved version of the music video!
To my ancillary tasks I have made
a couple of changes, after noticing that some of the text was not very clear
and one of the panels did not flow with the whole theme and colour of the CD
On the front cover of my CD
cover, I decided to enlarge the text as it was not very clear. After
researching different CD covers, I noticed that the name of the artist stood
out on the cover. I also changed the font of the text to a simpler one so that
it would be more readable. The font on the back cover was also changed as to
become a little clearer. This was done by changing the font type to the same
one used on the front cover and taking the ‘outer glow’ effect off as it made
the text unclear. The text was also enlarged.
Another change made to my 4 panel
CD cover was the left inside panel. Originally we had made a collage of
pictures of the artist, from when we were shooting the music video. However it
looked unprofessional and messy therefore we decided to replace it with a
picture of the couple we used in our music video holding hands. Using only
their hands helped to emphasize and signify the idea of relationships and ‘togetherness’.
We felt this linked well with the meaning of the song and also looked professional
after editing it on Photoshop. To edit the photograph, we enhanced the colour
by increasing the contrast and brightness and also added a ‘photo filter’ which
gave the image a sepia tint. To make sure the hands were the main focus of the
panel we decided to blur the background (the grass).
Improvements made to my Music Video:
0:15-0:20: We swapped the previous behind the scenes
clip for a different one, this was because we found the prior clip mislead
people watching it, as they thought the lip sync was off because they saw the
artist moving his lips. However it was not off sync, the clip showed the artist
talking in one of our behind the scenes clip, but ot avoid this misconception
we decided to change the clip altogether.
0:42-0:45, 1:02-1:05, 2:08-2:10, 2:32-2:33: At all
these points in our music video we included new footage of another couple who
are in a loving relationship, instead of the original still images we had. We
did this because we felt that with the nature of the song being about
relationships, automatically you (the audience) would think about couples and
1:02-1:05: We used this clip to replace the original
freeze frame of our behind the scenes clip, because what we tried to achieve
with the still image changing into a moving image did not work therefore we
chose to replace it with our loving couple.
1:34-1:38, 1:47-1:51: These shots show the
relationship between siblings, we felt we should include different
relationships so that a wider audience could relate to the song when watching
the video, these were also used instead of the still images in the original
cut. The reason we chose to jump cut these shots was because we wanted to
editing to flow, as there are also a few jump cuts of our artist at 2:23-2:27.