Saturday 3 September 2011

Past Students Work - 'I Kissed A Boy by Boy Interrupted' Max and Mike


This video has been shot in a studio and is primarily performance-based. It has been filmed in black and white although there quick shots in which the frame changes into colour. It uses a range of different effects and along with the lighting I feel this is a really successful video, due to its simplicity.



I really liked the way in which this frame was a little broken and blurred. This may have been created by putting the same two images together but slowing the other down. This can be done using the pen tool in Final Cut.











Throughout the video there are frames which change from black and white into colour. This may have been done to show two personalities in the actor. It keeps the viewer focused on the video. 




This frame used a blur effect which I really liked and may consider using in my own music video.






Throughout the video the lighting plays a key role. In this shot the source of light is being shone from below the actor, as the bottom half of his face glows. There are also three shadows behind him. I want to apply the way they used their lighting similarly into my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment